14 augusti 2016

NUDIE BEACH & WEDDING-TIME

DAY 19
Today was the day of Museum of Anthropology and, most importantly,



THE DAY OF THE WEDDING


and it was magical and amazing and tearfilled and everything you want a wedding to be. 


The start of the day didn't quite match the end of it though...



______________________


The festives didn't start until five so the Axelsson's/Eriksson's decided it would be fun to go to Vancouver's Museum of Anthroplogy.
-  Everyone thought so except me, of course, 'cause I always have to be the odd hipster out.

I had a real reason for not tagging along though.
The distance between me and my favorite idiot had really started to get to me. I never seem to get a quiet or lonely spot in the apartment to talk to him via Messenger, so while totem poles sure are interesting (?), I seized the opportunity to take a walk, talk in private and see some more of Canada´s fantastic nature while the rest of the family entered the museum.

There was a small path in to the forrest from the entrence of the museum and my pokemon GO-map told me that if I followed it, I'll get down to the beach. After having walked down on a lot a wooden stairs, this sign just made the excursion waay more exciting...

'

Well, OK, exciting might not be the best word. 
But I'd never been to a nudie beach before, so at least it was new experience... 

___________________________


The beach was absolutely beautiful, even though it might be hard to see exactly how beautiful it really was in these mobile-pictures. I-want-to-stay-by-this-view-all-my-life-and-write-books-about-soul-fullfillment-beautiful kinda.






The naked people didn't appear until after that curve of trees to the left in the last picture. Seing a middleaged asian going around in nothing but trainers, cap and backpack was.. kind of something I wish I hadn't seen.

Kind of made me go like


You know, amused and disgusted at the same time. 

___________________________


That same night, we hade a very special evening ahead of us. My aunt was going to walk down the isle in her own backyard to marry the father of her children. We were asked not to take pictures, snapchat, facebook, instagram, twitter or email anything (they didn't say anything about blogging though..... heh no jokes aside even I'm going to respect that) so all I have to offer is there pre-ceremonial sneaky picture of my newest cousin dressed like a princess (and/or a cream puff, which is equaly adorable.) 






...And some of the other cousins. 


I can honestly say I tried to eat them all night, so incredibly cute were they. They said I couldn't though, because "my mommy and daddy loves me and they would be very sad if you ate me". 

My siblings looked kind of OK too... 




Victor being lovesick at the altar.



It's hard though, or more... weird, to see him so grown up. When I see him every day, in my eyes he's still that little potato I carried around in the house and put hairscrunchies on, but in the pictures there, is a young man. Broad shoulders, that typical smile of a teenage boy... 15 years and I still see you as a baby. I really should update my software. 

_____________________


The rest of the night was... perfect. Not too pompous, not too cliché romantic, but absolutely dripping with love from every moment of it. My other aunt made a speech for her sister, there were kids running around everywhere, food constantly refilled at the buffet table, Julia and dad embarassingly dancing, me handeling the polariod camera for funny pictures...



Too much crying for a non-romantic like myself to admit, but when the my youngest cousins walked down the isle spreading flower petals out, I started crying and kept going all through the ceremony. So much for being to cool for sentimental things like the bound between two people who love each other... 

_____________________


40 polarioid pictures, way to many dances by dad & julis and countless samosas later we drove home to our apartment in Kitsilano, tired, happy, sentimental to the brim of crying. 

My family is the best. It has once again been proved. 


That's all for tonight. 
Hope you all have a wonderful evening as well and that every wedding you ever go to have an open bar, cause I could get used to that. 




KISSES
Your favorite idiot




Inga kommentarer :

Skicka en kommentar